Youth Summer Football Camp Information:
July 9-12, 2012 - Portland, Oregon
- PICO Instructional Football Camp:
Monday - Thursday, July 9-12, 2012
9am - noon
Grant High School
2245 NE 36th Avenue
Portland, OR 97212
14th Annual PICO Instructional Football Camp For Boys Ages 9 - 14
July 9-12, 2012
All Positions for All Players: The 2011 Football Camp was a tremendous success! Each year as coaches, we feel we give the kids the fundamentals on how to play and enjoy the game of football. These fundamentals provide a strong foundation which to build on.
PICO's Football Camp is a four day instructional clinic for boys ages 9-14 looking to learn the fundamentals, sportsmanship and skills in the game of football. Youth will learn fundamental techniques and how to play different football positions.
Skill Development and Fundamentals Training in All Positions for All Athletes
These different skill positions include:
- Quarterback: An in-depth instruction and proper technique includes stance, center exchange,drop back, setting up, footwork, passing, ball handling/fake, roll-out, reading defense, sprint passing, leadership, cadence, presence, release, a team player and more.
- Running Back: An in depth instruction and proper technique includes QB to RB exchange, running, faking, blocking, footwork, reading defense,motion, receiving, team player, a leader and more.
- Wide Receivers: An in depth instruction and proper technique on receiver's stance, run and pass blocking technique, footwork, proper hand position, techniques for evading blocks, tackling technique and more
- Linebackers: An in depth instruction and proper technique in tackling, footwork, evading blocks, open field tackling technique, blitzing, leadership and more
- Defensive backs: An in depth instruction and proper technique includes stance, avoiding down-field block, open tackling, footwork, blitzing technique, leadership and more
- D-Line/O-Line: An in depth instruction and proper technique in pass protection, footwork, pass rusher, proper hand position, tackling, avoiding blockers, leadership and more
"Our group had seven kids ranging in skill level from complete beginner to more experienced players -- all of the kids had a great time and came out of the camp with more skills than when they entered!"
-- Gina Lannin, Canby, OR
PICO camp features:
- SPARQ warmup / training
- 7 on 7 passing game
- Team Scrimmages
- 2-minute drills
- State of the art surface
- Camp Awards
- Door prizes
- Camp T-Shirt
- Motivational Quest speakers
- Learn the Maori
Who: Boys 9-14 years old
When: July 9-12, 2012
Where: Grant High School football field
(2245 NE 36th Avenue, Portland, OR 97212)
Time: 9am - Noon
Cost: $175 PayPal / check
Walk-in registration: $175
Beaverton Youth Football Participant early registration, $105
Limited to 80 participants. Reserve Your Space Now!
© Pacific Islander Coaches of Oregon